8.17.2009

fifteen seconds of fame

Aspiring journalists choose the print industry over the broadcast industry because they don't have a face for TV. My ugly writer's mug was broadcast to thousands of people tonight when I was interviewed by WKYC Channel 3 after getting unwanted charges on my cell phone bill.

Channel 3 came calling last week after learning through the Better Business Bureau that I had reported unfair sales practices by a company called Predicto. I won't go into how much of a ripoff racket this company is, or how stupid I was for entering my cell phone number online, but here's a clip of the news report.





What surprised me the most about this whole ordeal is that I never met "The Investigator" Tom Meyer. His producers and cameramen uncovered the story, researched it, traveled around the city, interviewed the sources, and he gets all the credit. Talk about a scam.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You looked suave and ready to recognize.

    (As your future atty. I advise you to always read the fine print)! See you in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete