8.05.2009

ballin' in South Beach

One of my favorite hotel chains is W Hotels by Starwood. There are 32 Ws open, mostly in the U.S., but a few in other areas of the world. I've only stayed in one W, in Times Square, but I have visited a handful of others.

While in Miami for business last week, I swung by the W in South Beach, which just opened its doors on July 2. Pretty kickass hotel. The Danny Clinch (rock music photographer) shots throughout the hallways and guestrooms were awesome. And the floor-to-ceiling windows revealing unparalleled views of the beach were amazing.

What a blast it would be to get together with a bunch of buddies in South Beach for a long weekend and stay at the W. Hang out by the pool, meet some celebrities, run up a giant bar tab ... baller style. Room rates start around $350 per night, so that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Anyway, take a look at my brief review of the W South Beach, complete with photos, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment