1.16.2010

bags anyone?

It's a sickness, really.

I can't deem any project complete until it's different than everything else out there and looks exactly the way I pictured it.


These are the cornhole boards I just finished hand-painting. Knowing I only like things that I pick out or have a hand in creating, Melissa got me a set for Christmas that was primed but not painted. Perfect. I got to choose exactly what I wanted them to look like, and it occupied me for a week so I would leave her alone.

I thought about the traditional black and gold boards to represent my loyalty to the Steelers, I thought about using decals, but in the end I wanted something that would stand out among all the other sets in my circle of drunken lawn athlete friends.

Thanks to Bill Mothershead of www.cornolina.com for recommending latex-based exterior paint and Minwax Polycrylic (sealant) from Lowe's. Thanks to Schwabby for the Lowe's gift card. I'll most likely order my bags from Bill--he offers eight 16-ounce bags filled with whole-feed corn and made with pillow-sewn, heavy weight duck cloth for $25, shipping included. 17 colors available.

I'll spend the next couple months waiting for the sun, plotting dates on the calendar, filling my propane take, creating a bracket system and preparing for an all-day tournament to kick off the summer. Get your team ready, I hope to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to start dropping bag bombs into these corn holes while drinking beers and eating grilled food cooked with clean-burning, efficient, portable propane. - Brian

    ReplyDelete