10.06.2009

quick hits

It's been too long since I blogged, so here are some quick-hit, random things I've been thinking about lately that might interest you:

Sports
Instead of buying separate Pitt Panthers, Steelers, Pirates and Penguins T-shirts, I designed one that represents all of Pittsburgh sports. Click the image to view a hi-res version, download it and use it as your desktop wallpaper.


I recommend following Hines Ward @HWmvp86, Santonio Holmes @santonio10 and Shaq @THE_REAL_SHAQ on Twitter. These guys give great insight into what they do on a daily basis. Ward recently tweeted while hanging out at his bar in the 'Burgh watching a replay of Sunday's Chargers game, celebrating his 10,000-yard milestone. Shaq recently tweeted while eating at Lago in Tremont, asking Clevelanders to come see him and he'd part with tickets to the Cavs opening night. Cool stuff.

Music
I'm going to see Keller Williams on Sunday evening at the Kent Stage. I've seen him there before and the show blew me away: phenomenal musician at a great venue. Kent Stage is an old movie-theater-turned-concert-hall on the Rt. 59 hill heading downtown. They've got about 4 beer taps in the lobby, but I recommend pre-gaming at The Loft or The Zephyr. You should check it out. Advance tickets are $20. I'll review the show afterward.
Here is a video of what Keller Williams and looping is all about.
More information on the show and tickets here.


Also, I came across this entertaining video interview with Matisyahu, another pretty unique musician. Nice beatboxing sample toward the end ...




Family
Trevor is hilarious these days. Something new every day. What a great age. Here is a shot of him in my office reading one of my magazines. More pictures from a family party we attended on Sunday here.

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty freakin' sweet design...The Steel City is no longer the cute sports city that only wins at football (and I hate your hockey team in a good way now) but still, nice design.

    ReplyDelete